The Lost World


Advertisement

I spent a couple of days in Nicaragua.
I agreed to go on a border hop with Krista and Ashley and their new friend Melody. Border hop = you are only allowed a 90 day on a visitor visa for Costa Rica, so before the 90 days are up you have to exit the country for 72 hours and then reenter to get a fresh 90 days.
We went to the Island of Ometepe on Lake Nicaragua. Ometepe island is strait out of a adventure movie. The island is formed by 2 volcanoes (only one is active) rising 1700 meters out of the lake.We stayed at the Monkey Island Hostel ( $2.50 /night) on the far side of the Island. It is a very rustic and relaxing place. No phones, on Internet, 2 to 4 other guests, cheep beer ($2 for a 1000ml beer) great food. The one day we hiked 4km to the neighbouring village and then a 3km clime up the one volcano to a 100 foot waterfalls (well worth it). In all we had a great relaxing weekend and drank the place dry.
Cheers

Krista also has a blog with some of the photos on it www.mytb.org/krista---n-ashley



Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The fallsThe falls
The falls

Melody, Krista and Ashley
OmetepeOmetepe
Ometepe

After 9 hours of travelling we needed a drink or three.
Krista, Ashley and MelodyKrista, Ashley and Melody
Krista, Ashley and Melody

Making our own fun
Melody, me and AshleyMelody, me and Ashley
Melody, me and Ashley

Making our own fun


29th June 2008

Great Pictures
Hey Tim - we're incredibly jealous - to think we're excited about a week on the beach in Cuba soon! Keep posting pictures!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb