Nicaragua


Advertisement
Published: August 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yetserday crossed over into Nicaragua and arrived late in Granada after 2 very long travelling days! Needless to say we had a good Saturday night out at cafe nuit which didnĀ“t bode well for ziplining today, especially when they bounced the wires up and down! Had an interesting afternoon, the usual thunder storm combined with no power all day meant there was not alot to do!

We sadly left Roatan on Friday after spending the week chilling out on the beach and getting bitten alive by sandflies at the same time! The reef there is great and spent alot of time snorkelling and swam with dolphins too. Loved it there, could have spent weeks chilling out. Due to the long distance we had to cover to get down to Granada we had to spend the night in the Hondurian capital, Tegucigalpa -not recommened! It is a grim city, we had to eat very early at pizza hut as it was too dodgy to walk across the city at night and everywhere closes down at 8pm anyway as thats when the gangs come out! We had an interesting experience when our bags got stuck in the boot of the taxi, 5 cab drivers and a dismantled back seat later we eventually got them out!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb