Copan


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras
August 18th 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left Antigua yesterday for a long trip to the border crossing with Honduras. We were very lucky as we had a private transfer which made the process much smoother. It was a good job that we were not on a public bus as I was rather ill! We arrived at Copan yesterday afternoon and took a pickup truck out into the countryside to some hot springs, was certainly rustic! As Ori is so small the current in the river caught her off balance and carried her downstream a couple of metres and she lost both her flipflops and her beer. It was hilarious to watch and she spent the rest of the night walking round barefoot! We sat drinking beers in the hot springs and chilled out then had a candlelit bbq. The trip back in the truck in the dark was entertainingto say the least!
Today we have been to Copan ruins, was slighlty different to the previous Mayan ruins so was interesting and our guide gave us alot of new information but think Im a bit ruined out for a little while at least! Lookong forward to heading back over to the Carribean coast tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb