Nicaragua to San Jose


Advertisement
Published: August 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Costa Rica after another long travelling day yesterday. We spent a couple more days chilling out in Granada where I had the most fabulous massage at healing hands, a local project supporting the blind community in Nicaragua, cant recommend them more highly! Afetr Granada we left for Ometepee, the largest freshwater island in the world. This unfortunately invovled another hot, smelly, overcrowded chicken bus followed by a ferry crossing, although more of a cargo boat with a few passengers thrown in than a ferry. The island itself is beautiful, we stayed at Santa Domingo in a cool little cabin overlooking the lake and beach. There is not a huge amount to do so we swam in the Lake and chilled out on the beach. The next day I went for a horseride, my horse was named 'go slow' it soon became apparent why! We did manage a canter along the beach which was fun and visited some hot springs. We didn't attempt a volcano climb though as it was an 8hour climb in the heat which wasn't too appealing, especially after another night playing 'ring of fire', as I said there wasn't alot to do on the island!

Last night I went to Nexus!!! Wasn't quite the same as the club in St.Helens though, we were the only people in there and the manger was insane and wouldn't leave us alone. As soon as somebody flicked ash into an ashtay he would change it or if you had a sip of beer he would top you up within a second of you putting it back down, they also were playing a re-run of the Queens jubilee concert form Buckingham Palace about 6 years ago, was really quite random! After that we braved another club, all seemed ok until women naked apart from body paint as bikinis came on stage and they were filmed for a tv show, was all quite surreal. Needless to say we are all suffering badly today so are spending the day in the city at a fairly slow pace. Tomorrow we are going rafting whch should be really cool and we've had lots of rain too! Tonight we say goodbye to our group as we leave Central America on Sunday, will be sad to say goodbye, had a fantastic time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb