Last day of trip


Advertisement
Published: January 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Rob swimming 5 secs
hi everyone!

We have just left Esteli and are now in Managua getting ready for the trip home in the morning. We spent a very interesting 3 days staying in a home up in the mountains of Nicaragua. The people were fantastic as usual but what a way to live. It started with us not wnating to pay $200 US to get to our reserved home call Posada La Perla so we took the chicken bus. It went up and up from essentially sea level to 5,000 feet. We were in an old schol bus made in Missassagua (Blue Bird( AND WE STOPEED EVERY kM. It took almost 2 hrs to climb into the mountains. As it turns out the man we spoke with in Esteli was to be our guide and later we found out we were staying in his home. What an experience our rooms were cement block, tile floor, small bed, thin matress, and mosquito netting. No power or running water and fried rice and bean meals each day. 1st day took a long walk to some view points, 2nd horseback it for 5 hours , sore butt time, and went to some beautiful water falls for a swim here are some picts. Each night in bed before 8 and up with the roosters between 4 - 6. you can tell when the bus comes by the loud air horn 5 minutes before he comes and then again when he gets to your place. Erica sat with a family of 3 and a live chicken in a bag.

The trip back to Managua was a breeze caught the 11>10 and it dropped us off a t the Best Western for a night of transition back to the Western World


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



6th January 2009

What an Experience!
Hi Blooms, You had an unforgettable trip...lots of memories packed into this one! Hope to see more pictures some time!

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb