Boating and Remembering


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras » Northern » La Ceiba
December 22nd 2009
Published: December 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a restless sleep we all woke up, grabbed our bags and headed to the dock with barely time to brush teeth. It ended up being quite the ride though, as we boated along the coast seeing awesome scenery. At one point dolphins were swimming beside us and the weather is finally hot again. We got to the border and from there took a bus through Honduras. Before I discuss that though, the town of Livingstone in Guatamala needs a bit of history. It Is a completely different culture than the rest of the country, having a black carribean population. They are very friendly and the seafood is the cheapest meals (yes!). We went to a local diner and ordered random seafood. Matt and Alyse got the supreme meals of seafood soup. It had snails, a full crab, a whole fish (not deheaded or skinned), shrimp and various other seafood all in a huge bowl. Alexander the Great, a local guy who was "high in the sky" sat with us and entertained us all meal. He told James that he looked like Bob Marley and would fist tap Jeff and I any time he got excited. Whatever he was smoking sure had him up there.
We have left Guatamala and now are in Honduras for a week or two. The first place in Honduras we would like to go is the bay island of Utila. After a long bus ride though, the ferry out to it is canceled due to wind. We are stuck in La Ceiba but it is a very friendly town. A nice clean hostel in a good area is as good a place to stay as any. The local diner had an amazing lunch for 50 Lampura (18 Lampura - 1 usd). As we finished that and headed back to the hostel, two local ladies drove past us 4 times in one block, cat callig to us and calling us guapo chicos (handsome boys). The rest of the day goes fairly uneventful as we walk the streets buying local food and fresh fruits. We are all excited to get to Utila and dive. 

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb