Boat Ride


Advertisement
Published: December 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Still pouring as we all got up this morning, don't know how this day is going to go. We decide to wait in the morning to see if it will clear up but it's not great with no power in the middle of a jungle/water maze. As noon approaches the weather stats to clear so we decide to chance it and ordered a boat for 1pm. It starts off alright as we head to see a fort with cannons used to guard the inlet back in the conquest days. We are all taking photos of the various sights and there is a nice stop at a hot springs half way to Livingstone. This is where things take a turn for the worse and it starts to downpour. All of our stuff is still damp from the last few days and now we are struggling to put covers over our bags. Jeff and Justin had found a cave and were deep in it when the rain started. As they came out the realized the problem and we all got back in the boat to go. Jeff, Matt, and I were the unluckiest, sitting in the front we were soaked instantly. We held the tarp up for others but a few of them got wet as well. So we arrived in Livingstone soaked looking for our hostel. Some locals came to the boat to lead us to a hostel which we thought they worked for. People are constantly trying to get money from us as those locals were just looking for money to walk us 2 blocks down the road. This timewww were ready though and there guilt trips of "we help you, you help us" didn't work. Matt gave them a buck but the rest of us left. So we are in a little hole of a hostel with two American girls and what a miserable day. There was only one option, drink. We bought boat tickets to Honduras and then bought the liquor. A 60oz of rum was 15 bucks so we got that, a 26 of tequila, a lime each, and 6L of Coke. This may be a great night or a ship wreck. We start drinking in a basketball court and then we headed to the hostel. After a long set of drinking games we hit the town. Too bad it's a Monday and the town is dead. We are all pretty drunk though so we made our own fun. It ended up being a pretty good night with the Frasers doing some brotherly bonding. We get to bed really late and it was going to be rough catching a 6:30 boat in a few hours.  

Advertisement



24th December 2009

Trip info
Hi Robert, We will be at Allegro Papagayo in Liberia, Costa Rica, on January 20-27th if you are in the area.
25th December 2009

merry xmas dude
hey call grampas house ya lil bastard. 6049881325. Merry xmas

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb