Utila Island


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras » Bay Islands » Utila
December 23rd 2009
Published: December 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we finally get to go to Utila. We all woke up early and caught cabs to the boat at 8:00am. Our breakfast consisted of fruit and random stuff from the market. We jump on the boat and it takes about an hour to get to the island as the crew hand out barf bags to many of the other passengers. We got in without a hitch and meet our diving company on the dock. It is quite a show as only locals are allowed on the dock to get customers for there companies. The girl that came to get us was white but had a Honduran citizenship so there was a huge issue with a differet dive shops local who was mad. He looked at her ID and told her never to come back to the dock or he would push her off (a very professional man). I was happy when he had no customers and the girl we were with had 7 of us. So we start heading along the pier and run into Liz and Sarah again from our earlier travels. We knew they were here and it is good to see some familiar faces. After a nice lunch with them we headed to get started on our dive couse at Altans. There was 3 hours of movies and questions today in preperation for our water work tomorrow. It cost us 250 usd for 4 days of training/breakfasts/accomodation and 2 free dives after. We are pretty excited and hit the water at 9am tomorrow morning to start the practical learning. After a few drinks with fellow travelers we call an early night. This is going to be awesome as there are sperm whales around the island for the next week and we will have a great opportunity to go dive amoung them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb