Fort Cochin


Advertisement
Asia
January 26th 2013
Published: January 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So after getting over the initial travells and landing in Kochi the first few days have been brilliant, everything is cheap , the homestay is really cool, the people are so friendly and im not one for curry or spices but the food is soooo good. And cheap. really cheap.Most nights we walk around to get our barrings on the island but sometimes you feel like your walking in circles and then head down to the off license and theres a queue of at least 20 local indians waiting for booze but our tuk tuk driver told us we can skip the locals cos we are guests in there country, scary but awesome. Last night we went for a swim at 2am in the sea with nobody around, crazy to think that theres 7 billion cozilion people here but we had our own beach.One of the girls in the homestay brought us to see some special and homeless children today and it was tough to say the least. But most importantly it feels like we've been here for a month already and its only been 2 days. Also im a big spa, sim told me to not get burnt today but guess what i did, feeling very sorry for myself right now, i can feel blisters coming.

so from the other point of view...we are dipping into the backpackers' lifestyle more and more by every hour. just wondering in the streets, roaming around, watching the life... we were maybe a little shy or scared at the beginning, but then Davy had this great idea about waving at children, asking them about pictures and we lost the initial shyness and its so much more easier to interact with people and take pictures, of them, with them.. I think we are lucky to begin our journey here. It seems Kochi is the holidays destination for lots of Indian tourists and there are no poor people or children bagging for food, just happy families enjoying the life like the two of us. As Davy said we find ourselves walking in circles as there in not much to do, visiting the beach and the centre of town in different parts of the day. We found this absolutely lovely restaurant in Lilly Road called Dal Roti, where Davy got his very first Indian meal chicken butter with the nicest indian bread ever. And of course I got jealous as Davy always picks up something more yummy than I have 😊 Not saying that mine meal wasnt nice, as it was the lovest Indian restaurant ever.

We are absolutely enjoying the weather, it is sooo hot and so easy to stop caring about using deodorant or anything because the sweat is present no matter what. We absolutely love looking at all the cute children that are so friendly. And having fun of seeing all the different animals around the town; goats on a scooter, rats bigger than cats or geckos enjoying the warmth of an outdoor lamp. My plan was to leave tomorrow and continue to south, to explore the famous backwaters and to enjoy not doing anything on the beaches in Varkala, but it seems that Davy got to love this place so much that its hard to leave and believe there is something better waiting for us. Also he got so sunburnt today and he doesnt want to go outside tomorrow :-D

We will keep you posted, when we actually decide what are our next steps and when we get to another place connected to the web 😊



Czech version:

Jak je snad i z fotek patrne, pomalu a jiste se dostavama do te spravne cestovatelske nalady. Prestavame se bat nosit s sebou fotak a jen tak bezcilne cloumame ulicema, tam a zpatky, koukame na lidi a uzivame si kazdy moment. Davyho napad zacit mavat na deti a fotit si je a s nima, se ukazal jako nedocenitelny. Ztratili jsme zabrany novych turistu. Vic a vic vime, co kolik stoji a co kde koupit, jak se kam dostat. objevili jsme uzasnou restauraci Dal Roti, kde i Davy si dal sve prvni opravdicke indicke jidlo a bylo to nepopsatelne vyborne. Kochi je dost pravdepodobne oblibena turisticka destinace pro samotne Indy a tak nejak oprosti zbytku Indie tu nejsou vyhuble zebrajici deti, ale spokojene rodinky se spokojenymi detmi. Mame v zasobe uz peknou radku historek se zviratky, kozy na skutru ci mega obrovske potkany. A tezko se da vynechat dnesni zazitek ze sirotcince pro fyzicky a mentalne postizene deti, kam nas vzala holcina tady z naseho ubytovani. Silny zazitek. Takze lehce shrnuto. ja jsem mela v planu se zitra presunout na jih, do Allepey a posleze do Varkaly, ale Davymu se tady extremne zacalo libit a nechce se odsud pohnout.

Urcite se zase ozveme, hned jak se presuneme do dalsi oblasti pripojene na sit. Zdravi Simona a Davy 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 80, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb