Koh Phi Phi


Advertisement
Published: May 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

4th - 7th March

We left early in the morning of the 4th from Tonsai to get the ferry to Koh Phi Phi. The ferry took about and hour and half to get there and was a good journey. Once arrived with the usual manic at piers. We got a long tai boat to take us round to Long beach where i had booked the PP Hill Resort for 3 nights. When we arrived we had to climg up a walkway to the bottom of the resort and then had to climb about 100 steps up to reception. Luckily the bags are sent up by a little trolley pulley thing. We had a big room but it was really naff for the money we were paying. (600 bahts) There was no plug sockets so you couldnt charge anything or use our iron 😞

once settled in, we decided to walk back round to the main area of TonSai/Loh Dalam We had to firstly walk along Long Beach then climb up a hill and down the other side onto another beach, then walk through some water then once back on the neach it was about another 20 mins walk round to Ton Sai. On the way you could see still the new buildings going up after the tsunami, big steel barges sitting in the sea rubble dust and dirt, a real shame. Once in Tonsai some of the layout was how I remembered i wanted to show matt the lovely beach oh Loh Dalam Bay, boy was it not how it used to be, it was mobbed with tourists and generally was pretty awful.. The once idyllic well known 'you have to visit Phi Phi' was no more. Matt couldnt understand why I wanted to go to Phi Phi so much as all he could see was how it is now which although I hate to say it, It was horrid the perfect paradise island went away that day the tsunami hit. 😞 it makes me so sad even now to think about it.

The rest of the few days we were o the island was mainly spent on the tiny little beach which was situated a 1 minute walk down from our resort only people staying at our resort would go there. So we enjoyed sunbathing and snorkelled when you could with out the speeding longtails and speedboats whizzing past ruining the peacefulness. Of a night we just stayed in the resort restaurant and watched the films they played.

Goodbye Phi Phi

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb