Koh Lanta


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
May 2nd 2008
Published: May 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

7th - 13th March

We left Phi Phi by ferry and headed to Koh Lanta, the last of the beaches of our travels, the ferry took about an hour so not too bad. I had booked us into the Lanta Garden Home on Khlong Dao Beach, luckily they were at the pier so we got a lift to the guesthouse, the place was nothing special. I had booked a hut for 500 bahts a night but for some reason it wasnt available so she gave us the aircon room with 2 double beds, which was normally over a 1000 bahts a night. Well although it was nice I wouldnt pay a 1000 bahts a night for it, I had stayed in much nice for cheaper and with hot water and TV !!!! As I had already paid for the 3 nights we decided to stay. The place was right on the beach so ideal location. We hired a scooter for 24 hours so we went up to Saladan ( where the pier is) to get some bits from the supermarket, and also had a little ride up to the next beach past ours Ae Phra Beach (Long Beach) I think our beach was nicer. Of an evening we would go for a walk there was so many resorts and restaurants you had so many places to choose from. The resturant at Garden home was quite expensive we thought and not that nice food. The next day we found another guesthouse 2 down from where were staying called lanta bee garden, the rooms looked much nicer and newer we assumed re built after the tsunami. They had a double room and TV and only for 600 bahts a night so we booked the room from 10th - 13th. Matt went out on the scooter from some time on his own and for a look around the island and I just do what i do best sunbathe !!!!

We were making the most of the last of our beach travels so it really was a case of chilling on the beach in teh day and of a night once in Lanta bee garden watching TV or we hired a DVD player and grabbed some cheap DVDs from a shop.

Lanta we found was very much another family beach holiday place but still the travellers passing by. Its very quiet and mainly a restaurant place rather than lots of bars.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb