Koh Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
May 2nd 2008
Published: May 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

28th - 1st March

Well we left Koh Pha Ngan during a lovely load fo rain, we left the guesthouse and jumped on the ferry at Haadrin Pier to Big Buddha Beach was a little bit of a rough journey with the rain and big waves but after an hour we were on Koh Samui. We jumped into a taxi to Chaweng and was dropped off at our guesthouse Baan Rom Mai. First you have to walk through which looks like a car yard for all the taxis and there is the guesthouse. The gardens are beautiful and its so cosy and we had a nice little room (550 bhts a night) Over the road you could walk through the other hotels etc onto the main Chaweng Beach and about a 10 minuted walk took you up to the main stratch of chaweng, to all the bars restaurants and shops. We quite liked Chaweng as the shopping again was cheap and you could bargain well, especially if you told them you could get it cheaper in bangkok !! he he cheeky I know but it works. Also being a main tourist area there was a big variance of international food. In the day time we mainly just chilled on the beach and of a night hit the main chaweng street for food and shopping.

On the 1st March we got a taxi to Samui Airport, I love the aiport its so tiny, but in comparison to the time I visited in 1999 and it was 2 huts it has grown in size but looks lovely, they are putting in lots of nice shops there so you can have a little shop before you fly out. We were flying from Samui to Krabi, for £35 each it saved 9 hours of travel by ferry and car and we were there in 40 minutes. yay!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0886s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb