Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Photos from Ko Lipe
Blogs from Ko Lipe
Latest Blogs from Ko Lipe
- December 17th 2013 Half of a pretty fun life...
by Words: 1127 Photos: 108
- May 11th 2013 This Koh is coming like a ghost town...
by Words: 3178 Photos: 82
- February 17th 2013 Our best buds, Donatello, Nemo and the Gibbons
by Words: 1883 Photos: 38
- December 25th 2012 So many beaches for such a small island...it's beauty makes the tourists cry? Really?
by Words: 4308 Photos: 72
- April 25th 2012 Thailand - in brief
by Words: 668 Photos: 0
- April 19th 2012 Diving the best from Koh Lipe to Koh Phi...
by Words: 2041 Photos: 79
- April 16th 2012 Back to Koh Lipe...this is still the best island in Thailand!!
by Words: 617 Photos: 15
- February 29th 2012 Video of Koh Lipe, Thailand
by Words: 13 Photos: 0
- February 23rd 2012 Bye Bye Beach
by Words: 253 Photos: 12
- February 18th 2012 Paradise in Ko Lipe
by Words: 1524 Photos: 48
- February 17th 2012 Beached Whales
by Words: 409 Photos: 6
- February 16th 2012 Valantines Day on Ko Lipe
by Words: 584 Photos: 10
- February 6th 2012 Blandad info, känsliga läsare varnas
by Words: 220 Photos: 0
- February 5th 2012 Tropisk snuva på Sunrise beach
by Words: 283 Photos: 6
- February 3rd 2012 God morgon
by Words: 44 Photos: 1
- February 2nd 2012 Koh Lipe
by Words: 250 Photos: 6
- February 2nd 2012 Paradis
by Words: 80 Photos: 21
- January 17th 2012 Have you ever had a shower with frogs around your feet?
by Words: 1567 Photos: 24
- January 10th 2012 Soi, ein Italiener im Dschungel und Schiffbruch auf hoher See
by Words: 1243 Photos: 5
- January 2nd 2012 Thailand Part One: Bangkok & Trang Islands
by Words: 1083 Photos: 23