Phuket, Krabi and Singapore


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
September 4th 2010
Published: December 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This was most certainly a family holiday....grandma was coming along...the Midgit was nearing 3 years old...and i was 7 months pregnant. What a perfect time for a south east asian holiday 😊

I pretty much organised the holiday due to flghts and trying to get decent times and direct flights. So off we went from Perth direct to Patong on Virgin. We've had this with Virgin before and they do have most of everything for sale...but if they price is only a little different to Thai airways then just go Thai as they are full service and it cost me over $100 in food for 4 people over 6 hours!!!!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in the Busokorn Wing which was very very nice. It is brand new and has beautiful little balconies facing out on to our private elephant pool. The main pool in this area was very quiet too and the kids club was quite fun but out in the sun...bizarre. Due to my size we didnt do much... just ate out each day for lunch and dinner, walked back along the beach each night with hubby and grandma enjoying an alcoholic beverage and the Midgit playing in the sand. The massage ladies wouldnt massage me being pregnant so i opted for a haircut and manicure instead... it was quite nice and relaxing with shopping and great food outside the door when we wanted it - nice!

Next we were driven to Ao Nang Krabi and stayed at the Orchard Resort. I would have taken a speed boat via phi phi but they wouldnt let me as i was too pregnant...doh! We had a little cabin with a private entry to the pool and it was fabulous! We brought a little blow up mattress for aidan and he slept on the floor in our room at all hotels so much easier than worrying about 2 rooms...yet to convince grandma to share lol! Ao Nang was soooooo nice! A beautiful location, so green with amazing rocks everywhere, but also like a little country resort in Australia. It had one main street that went down to the beach, along the beach then back up and that had one or two of everything on it but that was it. So the facilities you want in Patong but not the pyschoness of it all. I wasnt allowed out on the long tail boat so Hubby and the Midgit went out one day to one of the islands and to look at the giant rock formations... they loved it but i think the Midgits attention span was a bit over it. They had heaps of little motorbike tuktuks here which was great fun and very cheap. Oh, everything here was way cheaper than phuket. Like in phuket a standard curry or noodle dish is generally bht140 but it was bht80 here...handy! So we would go on the little motorbikes for nearly every trip as the Midgit loved them...and if it rained it was handy to be under the plastic cover.

We did some basic tourist stuff like visit a snake charmer and a monkey man and we were the only people there so got quite a bit of attention! eeekkkk i am not a snake person that is for sure but luckily being pregnant they harrassed the hubby and not me 😊) We went to the local markets and things were soooo cheap so got some good tshirts and shoes for the little one. I'd love to come back as it had such a nice feel to the place.

From Krabi we flew to Singapore and Grandma flew back to Perth. We stayed over on Sentosa Island at the Siloso Beach Resort. All the hotels over on sentosa are very expensive and this was no exception...the gardens, swimming pool and general layout seems quite 4 star but the room was gross! The carpet had a wet soggy feel to it, the room smelt like moud, i kept finding black hairs in everything...our bed, the towels, the bath...eeek! But...we were only there to sleep so who cared... the bed was comfortable and the aircon worked 😊 I love sentosa island and it was so nice to go to the bars on the beach and a few had kids play stuff - handy! We went to Universal Studios one day which was great fun...it had only just opened so a few rides wouldnt work but being preggo i wasnt allowed on any anyway 😞 Handy for the hubby as he had a built in babysitter while he went on everything! Hubby did the new flyzip on sentosa too and it looked excellent - i was very jealous! And we went to the aquarium one day and while the scuba guy was feeing the fish a couple of sharks really looked like they were knocking him over and going to eat him and he paniced and got out...very bizarre to see! The boys did the luge which the Midgit loved so they did that a few times and we did a little bit of shopping... it is such an adults theme park over on Sentosa i love it!
The midgit ran around on man made beaches lots and again its great to just relax with a drink while the little one plays in the water...and also nice to be hot at night! I'll definitly have to come back after the Little Miss is old enough to enjoy it and i'm not pregnant so can do everything!

Oh, we went to the zoo one day too which we've been to twice before. But the strangest thing happenned...the Orangatangs are above you in an open type treetop thing and there are little spikes on the trees so they cant come down...but a mother orangatung with her bub on her chest just went over them and down onto the path right in front of us and into the bushes! A random zoo person came along and i told him and he freaked out! Suddenly there was 10 zoo people rushing about...me being pregnant and the little boy being quite small i decided it was time to move on quickly.... i presume they found her at some point but it was an easy escape for her! The other thing was there was a terretial downpour while we were at the zoo. We had plastic capes on but it was massive...like flood style! I do love a good rain while its hot though...you dont really mind rain when its 35 degrees 😊

Now i'm going to attempt to add photos to this blog...lets see if i can work it out 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 18; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb