Long Weekend


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Pai
April 9th 2008
Published: April 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

These last days have been very eventful so I'll do my best to fill you in on everything.
Last Thursday we all went to visit some hill tribes Northeast of Chiang Mai, we visited a Hmong village and then hiked to a Karen village for the Night. On the way to second village we also got to stop by a waterfall and go swimming. Needless to say it was a gorgeous place and we all needed a little dip after being in the tropical heat for two weeks.

As we arrived at the Karen village they made coffee for us with beans which they had grown and roasted over a bamboo fire. Then we continued down to the huts which they had prepared for us. After dinner we had a cross cultural talent show where the Karen played some of their traditional instruments and did some sword dancing. Then we played some American classics on guitar and drums.

The next morning we woke up early and went to the royal project which is an agricultural project to move the hill tribes away from opium production and substinence farming and into vegetable production. After a tour of the gardens and running off to do some yoga we went elephant riding and bamboo rafting.

Saturday morning I left with a couple of friends from the trip and we took an AirBus (it had air conditioning) to a town a little farther North called Pai. This little backpackers town was everything I was hoping with great organic restaurants hiking trails bikes for rent and a laid back relaxed feel.

Monday we came back to Chaing Mai and now I have classes, but only for a week and then I have another week off. Yay.

If anyone wants a postcard just email me your snail mail address and I'll find a good one for you.

Thanks for reading,

Ma'ayan

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb