Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Photos from Pai
Blogs from Pai
Latest Blogs from Pai
- October 19th 2013 Same same, but different
by Words: 1744 Photos: 72
- October 15th 2013 Until next time Pai xx
by Words: 268 Photos: 8
- October 13th 2013 The life of Pai....waterfalls and hot springs
by Words: 521 Photos: 0
- October 12th 2013 Pai.....hippy land!!!
by Words: 313 Photos: 0
- October 9th 2013 Adventures in the north
by Words: 2027 Photos: 12
- October 5th 2013 Pai, where hippies go to die.
by Words: 684 Photos: 5
- September 11th 2013 No fun, no baby...
by Words: 1135 Photos: 9
- September 7th 2013 Pai (6-9 Sep 13)
by Words: 380 Photos: 16
- July 25th 2013 Life in Pai
by Words: 1037 Photos: 13
- July 17th 2013 Life of Pai
by Words: 855 Photos: 1
- May 5th 2013 Journeys End
by Words: 1778 Photos: 9
- March 30th 2013 Relaxen und geniessen in Pai
by Words: 270 Photos: 12
- March 29th 2013 the trip when I took my bicycle for a walk...
by Words: 855 Photos: 0
- March 23rd 2013 The life of Pai :)
by Words: 431 Photos: 5
- March 15th 2013 I love Pai – Pai did not love I!!
by Words: 584 Photos: 9
- February 20th 2013 Pai, Chiang Mai & Elephant Trekking
by Words: 1399 Photos: 0
- February 17th 2013 Life of Pai
by Words: 827 Photos: 2
- February 15th 2013 Pai-ge
by Words: 1002 Photos: 1
- February 11th 2013 Pai - Soppong - Mae Hong Son - Pai
by Words: 613 Photos: 55
- January 29th 2013 First impression of Pai was shocking - but it got better and better...
by Words: 2087 Photos: 27