Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Photos from Chiang Mai
Blogs from Chiang Mai
Latest Blogs from Chiang Mai
- May 22nd 2013 Getting to know Chiang Mai
by Words: 666 Photos: 0
- May 21st 2013 Too much Thai food
by Words: 1067 Photos: 0
- May 8th 2013 Golden Triangle: Thailand, Myanmar, Laos
by Words: 747 Photos: 49
- May 7th 2013 Doi Inthanon
by Words: 719 Photos: 17
- May 6th 2013 In Old Siam
by Words: 1153 Photos: 23
- April 18th 2013 Photos of Thailand ..... so far!
by Words: 695 Photos: 31
- April 17th 2013 Pattersons on tour
by Words: 1519 Photos: 4
- April 16th 2013 Songkran - Thai New Year!!
by Words: 475 Photos: 9
- April 16th 2013 Sensational stomping, rice whiskey drinking, rain dancing Songkran.
by Words: 1074 Photos: 9
- April 11th 2013 Two festivals, Frat boy talking, laughter meditating and Flash dance.
by Words: 1667 Photos: 8
- April 9th 2013 Chang Mai - nord de la Thailande
by Words: 1650 Photos: 8
- April 4th 2013 Hacked and Robbed while traveling:-(
by Words: 289 Photos: 0
- March 28th 2013 Mom of twins flying solo: What to pack?
by Words: 401 Photos: 1
- March 24th 2013 Chiang Mai - happy birthday to me!! :)
by Words: 362 Photos: 7
- March 24th 2013 Awesome Tarantino, a stint in Sexpat City and hello Chiang Mai - oh my...
by Words: 1596 Photos: 13
- March 23rd 2013 Kochen in Chiang Mai
by Words: 406 Photos: 6
- March 20th 2013 My Unforgettable Experience in Chiang Mai Thailand
by Words: 660 Photos: 5
- March 19th 2013 Trekking through the jungle!!
by Words: 454 Photos: 1
- March 17th 2013 Chiang Mai
by Words: 889 Photos: 5
- March 17th 2013 Vom Bangkoker Grossstadtdschungel in den echten Dschungel von Chiang Mai
by Words: 809 Photos: 20