one night in bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 23rd 2006
Published: August 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

gas station by day bar by nightgas station by day bar by nightgas station by day bar by night

It always killed me everytime we walked by this gas station at night and the tables were set up with candles right next to the gas pumps. Plus if you wanted too, you could get a massage or your nails down in the parking lot.
I know I am home now but I wrote this while still away but just never posted it.

Well we are back in Bangkok but only for one evening. After a very long bus ride from Vientiane, where the bus driver actually slapped a guys face when he asked for the small light over the seats to be turn on, we arrived in Bangkok at 7am 2 hour late. We stayed at the same guesthouse as last time, but this time got an A/C bedroom but shared a double bed. It was the first time on the trip we ever shared but we were running out of cash. So after a 3 hour nap we went to get our legs waxed (very painful, they don't used anything but wax so when they pull off the dried wax it doesn’t come off in one smooth motion but allot of tiny jerks) I was the only one who had it done in the end. We then grabbed some street food and headed to the weekend market. Since it is on the other side of Bangkok we grabbed a cab and after bartering with the driver we got the fair down to 120 baut from the beginning price of 400, and we were off. I had been to the market last time I was traveling about five years ago and it sure had changed. Instead of a ton of booths all joined my blue tarps, it was actually made up of permeate booths with roofs. As well as the addition of electricity which now meant fans along the long sauna like rows. Unfortunately because of the improvements everything was a little more upscale, the booths were more like stores and most were not willing to barter which is the fun part of shopping at them.


After a few hour of looking to different bits and pieces and then a few hours of looking for each other after we got separated we headed back to the hotel. We had bits and pieces from street venders for dinner. We t hen spent the better part of the evening repacking all our new stuff in to our bags and thinking of ways to get out of paying for of luggage that was sure to be over weight.



The next morning we headed to the airport. We had no problems at all and neither of us had to pay any extra charges. The plane was amazing and the flight uneventful. It was a very quick trip to Hong Kong





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

deep friend critersdeep friend criters
deep friend criters

Not even drunk would I ever eat these. Which is the state most people are in when they try them.
small shopping problemsmall shopping problem
small shopping problem

we started with one bag each and ended with two busting at the seams. Plus many care on items


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb