Wedding


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 3rd 2009
Published: March 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Engagement PhotoEngagement PhotoEngagement Photo

Modern Studio photo prior to the wedding.
This blog is still alive, but barely. When was my last update? July 31, 2008. Ok, that’s some serious neglection. But here I am!

A lot has happened since my last update. The biggest news is my marriage to Saai.

Saai and I got married on October 11, 2008 in Bangkok, Thailand. The wedding was held in a church in the Silom area of Bangkok, and the reception at a nearby restaurant. The wedding and reception both were great. I was thankful to have my family and best man, Chris, make the long trip from the U.S. I know Saai will be able to meet many more of my family & friends when we visit America (April 24 - May 7, 2009)

How about the honeymoon? Where did we go? Well, we spent our first night at the Shangri-La Hotel in Bangkok (Krungthep wing). The Shangri-La is an upscale hotel on the Chao Praya River. We loved it. The room was modern but with Thai touches throughout. The service was the best we’d ever experienced. They threw in many extras too. Pricey, yes (9,500 baht; $285). Worth it…absolutely!

The next afternoon, we flew to the Thai island of
Dave & SaaiDave & SaaiDave & Saai

Just getting started - the beginning of the wedding ceremony.
Phuket. We spent 5 nights at Mom Tri's Villa Royale on Kata Noi beach. October is the end of the low season so we were able to get a good deal before the crowds and rates increased. We loved our time there, so much so that we’re going back to Phuket for our 1 year anniversary. There’s nothing like planning ahead!

Enjoy the pictures of our wedding, reception, and honeymoon!



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

WeddingWedding
Wedding

Husband & Wife!
FamilyFamily
Family

My side of the family following the wedding.
Friends from Covenant ChurchFriends from Covenant Church
Friends from Covenant Church

Group pic with the large contingent of friends from Covenant Church in Bangkok
Saai's Uni friendsSaai's Uni friends
Saai's Uni friends

Celebrating at the reception with Saai's friends from Kasetsart University
Leaving the ReceptionLeaving the Reception
Leaving the Reception

See you later!
Shangri-la BangkokShangri-la Bangkok
Shangri-la Bangkok

Deluxe Room # 1054 - Krungthep Wing
Chao Phraya RiverChao Phraya River
Chao Phraya River

The view of the Chao Phraya River from our balcony at the Shangri-la hotel in Bangkok.
Karon View PointKaron View Point
Karon View Point

View of Kata Noi, Kata Yai and Karon Beaches (southwestern part of Phuket)
Here We Are!Here We Are!
Here We Are!

In the gardens of Mom Tri's Villa Royale Resort
SaaiSaai
Saai

on the balcony of our room in Phuket
PhuketPhuket
Phuket

The view from our room at Mom Tri's Villa Royale in Phuket (Kata Noi beach)
Mom Tri's Villa Royale - PhuketMom Tri's Villa Royale - Phuket
Mom Tri's Villa Royale - Phuket

Our room - Beach Wing Suite # 7


7th March 2009

Congrats...
Hi! Congratulations. Beautiful wedding pics... I've followed your blog ever since your first trip to Thailand in '05-06?. In fact, you were part of my inspiration to visit southern Thailand back in '06 (my first trip) -- Trang town specifically -- which I have done many times as I have good friends there. Interestingly enough, I've now lived here for three years...and have made 11 trips back and forth to America! Your story -- and your wife's -- was (is) fun to follow...thanks for sharing it. I have a good friend who is the head of the English Dept. at Bangkok Christian School. If you ever want to connect with him send me an e-mail. Chok dee & Sawasdee khup!

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb