HIWELCOME to Singapore!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 8th 2008
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: In the Cable Car. 61 secs
2: On the way to Sentosa Island. 105 secs
Singapore was all about shopping for Kiki and Monia. Maybe it was because we had been far away from luxury for so many months and were mesmerized by all the pretty things we saw in the immaculate malls which were impossible to avoid as they were everywhere... Or maybe it was the greeting of “HIWELCOME” that we received every time we entered a shop... We don't know, but it was as though we were possessed by a shopping demon compelling us to buy buy buy! Even Kiki who is normally not one to go crazy with the spending found herself succumbing to the forces of capitalism. We bought expensive sunglasses, bikinis, jeans, tops, dresses, bras, knickers, sandals, surfer shorts, cosmetics... you name it. And lets not forget Monia's last minute purchase of Coco Chanel at the airport, obviously an essential item when backpacking through Asia.
Anyway, apart from the shopping we did also do a little bit of sightseeing. We took the Duck Tour and saw the world's biggest fountain (which was unfortunately not turned on), the highest hotel in South East Asia, the 3 highest buildings in Singapore, the longest bridge in Singapore, the Singapore Flyer which is higher than the London Eye and of course Sentosa Island which we accessed by cable car... We also learned how many Singapores could fit into Australia. The answer is 11,000.
Here we also finally managed to sort out our Indian visas, third time lucky and after 6 days in Singapore our wallets were relieved that we were moving on to India.




Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

SingaporeSingapore
Singapore

On the MRT...
SingaporeSingapore
Singapore

Cable Cars to Sentosa Island.


Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb