Chile and onwards....


Advertisement
Published: September 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

As soon as we arrived in San Pedro de Atacama we went to the bus company to report the fact that we had to pay twice for our bus tickets. We were advised to call Sandra to ask her to call them and confirm that she had sold us the tickets... (They would not call her themselves as they were not willing to pay for the international call.) Dominique called her, but she just hung up on him. That evil Sandra... We were ready to take it further, but luckily when we went back to the office, the guy called his colleague in Bolivia who actually admitted that it was he who had scribbled on the tickets. Therefore we got the money back. SUCCESS! We found a hostel and checked in.

San Pedro de Atacama is the driest desert in the world and it turned out that right now it was even drier than usual... There was no water. Something was broken somewhere and there was no water in the whole town and we were told there probably wouldn't be for days! Great, we had just spent three days in the desert and were longing for a nice hot shower but no. What could we do... We had to buy mineral water and wash ourselves as best we could...

In the evening we did an astronomic tour and got some amazing views of the sky and the Milky Way. Beautiful. And the people running the tour were so passionate which made the experience all the more enjoyable! We even got to borrow funky jackets as it was pretty cold outside and at the end we got a hot drink. Lovely.

The following day we did the Moon Valley Tour and watched the sunset. Also beautiful, although at the end we got caught in a sand storm...

San Pedro de Atacama was a lovely place. So chilled out. Great place to relax after the Uyuni tour.

After a couple of days however we took the bus to Santiago. 23 hours!!! Santiago was nice, but to be honest we didn't really see much. Just spent our days walking around... One day we were conned by some Gypsies, but that was pretty much all the action we had....

On the 28th of August we left South America for Singapore via Los Angeles... Our travel agent, Jackie unfortunately seemed to think that we love flying and want to take as many flights as possible. We had to take 4 different flights just to get to LA. What a journey!

We had one hectic day in LA where we stocked up on Dermalogica products and other essentials...

And of course there was the incident at the airport when we were told that our tickets had been cancelled... Luckily that wasn't the case... Other than that it all went pretty smoothly and in the early hours of the 30th we were on our way to Asia....



Additional photos below
Photos: 112, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

San Pedro de AtacamaSan Pedro de Atacama
San Pedro de Atacama

Our hostel....


Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb