Culion Centennial Celebrations


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Palawan
May 6th 2006
Published: May 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Of all the beautiful places that I have visited, Palawan is the place that is closest to my heart. The fresh breeze, the fine white sands of its beaches, the abundant marine life, and of course the warmth of the people - these are just but a few reasons why I couldn’t get enough of this wonderful place.

This year, Culion, Jericho’s birthplace, is celebrating its Centennial Year. When we’ve learned that Nanay & Tita Malyn will be going home to join with the celebrations, we were ecstatic enough that I’ve immediately purchased our online Super Ferry tickets. We couldn’t afford to miss this momentous commemoration of the town’s founding year.

Super Ferry has regular trips to Palawan every week. The ferry leaves at Manila on Friday, 8pm and arrives at Coron, Palawan after 12 hours. Then the ferry bound for Manila will be leaving Coron at Sunday, 10pm.

We arrived Coron at May 06, Saturday. From Coron town, you will have to take another 2.5 hours boat ride to the town of Culion.

The weekend of May 06- 07, 2006 marked the culmination of the month-long celebration. We witnessed some activities like cultural shows, the commemoration of the arrival of the missionaries which positioned the place as a leper colony, and ample water activities.

Of course, our visit at the town would never be complete without snorkelling. Sunday, early morning, we took a banca ride at a nearby island, I think they call it Puting Buhangin, where we had our picnic and snorkelled around the island.

Till next time. There would definitely be a next time.

More Pics : Culion Centennial


Advertisement



1st April 2010

hi,
i'm glad u love the place.. that's my hometown but i haven't been there for almost 9 years now..

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb