Nepal: Pokhara and Poon Hill Trek


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
October 3rd 2012
Published: April 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

03/10 to 17/10: Pokhara and Poon Hill Trek



Pokhara is built around the Fewa Lake and the Annapurna range. The atmosphere is very relaxed and it is a beautiful place to relax and start a Trek. We found Pokhara very relaxing, beautiful and rather difficult to leave...! We arrange the Poon hill Trek (5 days). It is a constant up-hill with 370 0 steps between two villages. On the way, we cross mules and donkeys laden with food, bottles of gas, wood, water, rocks along the way. Some villagers also have the task to bring necessary purchase from the valley as not available at 3200 meter above the sea level. We woke up at 4am for a good 1h30 climb to the Poon Hill top to watch the sunrise above the Annapurna Range. A wonderful moment of space shared with around more than 200 other trekkers and the cold! It is not an easy task and we did suffer a bit but what a reward. Every day of the trek the scenery is different: Rodondedron forest, Rice field, mountain views... One of the highlights of our trip and recommended to anyone who is able to do so. Go to Nepal and experience the beauty of the nature and the genuine warmth of the people. Nepal is an amazing country & we would love to return one day...

Anecdote: We met again a French man, Gerard who was also on a 3 weeks holidays in Bali in June. We ate at the same cafe in Pandang Bai, Bali and had a brief conversation. When we arrived at our chosen guesthouse in Pokhara, Nepal - sure enough Gerard was staying next door for a few weeks... He had been to Bali in June, returned to Paris, then taken his holiday later in the year and we met again.... The world is a small place, indeed !


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb