Dulegauda Health Post


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
November 3rd 2011
Published: November 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Antenatal checkAntenatal checkAntenatal check

Women waiting for their antenatal check ups
I travelled in a van from the hospital to Dulegauda Health Post this morning. It took about an hour, not due to distance but a terrible road and traffic congestion. I had a headache from all the smog and horn blowing of the cars.

Many of the women presented for antenatal checks. Others came with chronic disease problems such as hypertension which appears to be a problem here, along with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GORD). In Australia we would tell people to stop smoking, drinking alcohol or caffeine. Here the mantra is 'less hurry, curry and worry.'

There was no gel to act as an adhesive for the ECG pads so the man who presented with chest pain had to go without.

I have to work on my presention for some of the junior Doctors tomorrow so I will keep this one short.

'OK,OK.'




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Year 2068Year 2068
Year 2068

Note the year this graph represents. The Nepali calender is slightly different to ours. Instead of using AD they are a few years ahead of us!
Antenatal checkAntenatal check
Antenatal check

Women waiting for their antenatal check ups
EnfieldEnfield
Enfield

There will be plenty of these in India!


6th November 2011

Enfield Motor Bike
Great to see the yellow machine I was born in Enfield and lived there for 27 years - and now only live a few miles from there.

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1009s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb