Pokhara and Annapurna Base Camp


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
October 18th 2008
Published: October 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Stu's encounter with a donkey 32 secs
Hello all,

Well we arrived safely in Pokhara. Only an eight hour bus journey! WE stayed in this amazing little guest house beside the lake in Pokhara and then set out two days later for the adventure up Annapurna mountain. I personally thought we were going for a stroll kind of like a glendalough or a Wicklow way type trek!
OH NO THIS WAS NOT THE CASE HOW WRONG WAS I. the first day we left on the top of a bus. That in its self trying to get on the top of a moving bus, with a ruc sac on your back is difficult but the climb up the ladder was worth every step for the viewswe encountered along the way. The journey to the bottom of the mountain was amazing. We trekked for 7 days and they were by far the toughest days of my life EVER. Stu was amazing at one stage I was finding it so hard he carried all my stuff in his bag so that I didn't have to carry my ruc sac. We were up every morning at 5.30 and gone most mornings by 6.30. walked for 6 to 7 hours uphill like vertical and maybe some down hills walks but not many, every day. Stu didn't find it difficult at all our friend Edel was flying up the mountains like she had trekked them all her life and then there was me, holding up the show as you can imagine. Even though it was the hardest thing that i've ever put my body through I have seen some of the most amazing things that I have ever seen... The mountains were so high it made you realize how high the sky really is. the people were lovely, the food good and basic Dahl Bhat which consists of Rice, spinach, Lentil soup and fried potatoes....Yummy at the end of a hard day. The funniest thing I have ever seen was Stu herding donkeys, only for one donkey out of nowhere came barging through and knocked Stu over and I caught it all on video on my camera..... Cant wait to show you all...
So we are back in our lovely guest house by the lake in Pokhara and taking it easy and giving our bodies the break they deserve. we were meant to be going white water rafting yesterday but the trip got postponed till Monday. Stu went para gliding yesterday and was flying with eagles and dragon flies. To be honest I have totally lost track of the days of the week! The other day we took a boat out on the lake and drank beers and played music on the amazing speakers my brother bought me and chilled for the whole day taking the amazing scenery around the lake in.
So we'll say goodbye for now!
Lots of love Missing you all
Pam and Stu


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



18th October 2008

hello
hey pam and stu!!!!hows things ???? by the looks of things your having a ball of a time !!was that a joke when u said u stepped on a rat !pictures look amazing !misss u already ! how are speakers going saw the comment haha ! im actually studying i had a irish test and got a b1 its wa on poetry bhean phaidin haha just thought i add that in !! i told you u should have trained before u went but o u didnt listen a learning experience!!lots of love kenneth xx
28th October 2008

Alright dude
Nice one dude keep up the good work, hope all's well for you both haven't met ya better half yet Stu but im sure she's cool. Anyway dude have epic time laters gaters Quiche

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb