Kathmandu to Pokara


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
October 5th 2008
Published: October 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well the last few days have been amazing. Kathmandu is an experience. I steped on a large rat today in the rain and in my flip flops... you can only imagine! I havent been sick yet thank god and neither has stu long may our good health continue. We went out on the piss last night and had a whale of a time. Yesterday we went to see the ghats where they burn the bodies and put it in the river. There was the wierdest small ever there it was a smell that I have never smelt before.... Great to see! The colours here are amazing all the women like a sea of rainbows along the streets... we had the most amazing Pizza ever in a little restaurant in Kathmandu last night I know pizza in Nepal but it was savage the nicest pizza we have ever had. All the kids fly kites here and they have colourful battles with the kites in the sky!

We are leaving Kathmandu tomorrow and heading for Pokara west of kathmandu there we are going to trek up to the top of annapurna mountain, which should take us up to the 16th . Then we will head westwards to karnali river and do a 10 day white water rafting trip until the 26th. It is a level 5 rapids should be good! then we will go to do a safari trip in the jungle and then cross the border into India by the 31st. dont know what the internet situation will be like for the next while.
so i'll say good bye for a while and onto our next adventure into the remote real nepal outside of the city.....and the pollution.

Miss you all
Pam and Stu


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 68; dbt: 0.087s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb