Airline upgrade


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 23rd 2007
Published: January 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We leave K.L. tonight ( 23rd January ) for our flight onto Sydney. Forgot to mention in our previous blog how cheap fast-food is here. A Big Mac Meal at McDonalds works out at round £1.20 and KFC meals are also almost a third of the price that they are back home in the UK. Most restaurants we have visited are slightly cheaper than the UK and quality is quite good. We were recommended to go to the Hard Rock café here in Kuala Lumpur by our friends who visited a couple of years ago. Again, food is ok, but drinks are well over-priced with beer at almost £5 per pint (Thanks for not warning us Chris ! ).

Graham was suffering from jet-lag and has woken at 2.20am exactly for the past two nights……aaaaarrrggghh! Got a good night last night and hopefully when we arrive In Australia, we’ll have more time to accustom our bodies to the time difference between there and the UK.

We did yet more shopping yesterday at the Mid-Valley Mega Mall just outside the centre of the city and with over 430 shops it makes it twice as big as the Trafford centre near Manchester. It was spread over 5 different floors as well with plenty of eateries so we paced ourselves whilst shopping to our hearts content. The Nike shop which was mentioned in a fellow-bloggers blog isn’t as cheap as they made out ( the blogger said the cost of goods was about 25% of the cost as it was back in the US ). Unfortunately, I beg to differ as prices weren’t that much cheaper at all. There are however other shops that sell clothing cheaper than in the UK and especially the Levi’s shop where t-shirts are the equivalent of about £7.50, with an extra 20% being taken off that which was a nice surprise at the till!

We visited the Petronas towers which are absolutely stunning at night when they are illuminated beautifully. There is a shopping complex underneath the towers but this mainly caters for the discerning clients for brands such as Gucci, Prada and Hugo Boss etc on one of the levels ( this mall has got 5 levels !). On other levels you can find shops that are reasonably priced.

More soon from our next stop in Australia….Graham and Tracey!

p.s…just managed to get a free upgrade into the 1st class cabin of the aircraft..More later



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb