Got here early


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 21st 2007
Published: January 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Shuttle flight from Manchester to Heathrow left on time and we duly arrived in at Heathrow dead on 8pm which gave us 2 hours before our flight to Kuala Lumpur departed. Surprisingly, and very surprisingly indeed, the transit through Heathrow from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 went extremely well and we were relaxing in Malaysian Airlines’ Golden Lounge prior to us boarding the flight. Snacks and complimentary drinks are on hand to ensure you do not go hungry…and thirsty for that matter with also free wifi access if you have a laptop…which we have brought along with us. Anyway, we managed a 10 minute webcam chat with Becky, Andy and Joshua before we had to go.
On boarding the Malaysian 747, we went upstairs to the Golden Club Class section ( business class ), which so far cannot be faulted whatsoever. The food is superb with offerings of King prawn starter and Chicken and beef satay. This was followed by a choice of three main meals and I opted for the King prawn curry while Tracey opted to leave the food and get her head down for the 12 hour flight. She adjusted her seat, which becomes a flat-bed and soon departed to the land of nod, complete with eye mask. Legroom is fantastic as even myself at almost 6 foot tall can outstretch my legs without touching the seat in front. The seats are best described as having a pod which gives you privacy from other passengers and as the night wore on they dim the cabin lights which has some sort of ‘mood lighting’, where the cabin is elegantly lit in a pale shade of blue during the overnight flight to help you sleep better.
We arrived at Kuala Lumpur airport almost an hour early…..due to a tail wind in excess of 170mph over Eastern Europe!
Hotel is lovely with a large selection of foods for breakfast. Today, we have ventured into the centre of K.L. to visit the several shopping malls. Even on a Sunday, chaotic is an under-statement. Weather….about 30c and very humid. Raining hard when we arrived last night, but sunny and warm today but clouds rolling in.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



21st January 2007

Rain???!!
Glad you have arrived OK - thought you'd be early due to the wind, but not 170mph!!! Have you seen any flying ridge tiles?? Weather is damp and miserable in Oldham, and work calls tomorrow! Took me 'til 5.30pm to get home from the airport after dropping you off - never mind I'll get my own back on you one day!!! Business Class looks fab! And the model in the photo on the hotel bed looks very relaxed and comfortable in her new surroundings!
24th January 2007

Travel in Comfort!
You do know how to arrange things, those "pods" you're lounging in are like nothing we've flown in. On our next trip to Oldham you will have to give us some tips. We were hearing here in Fla. that London was experiencing terrible winds on your departure date, but it seems they were blowing well for you! Keep us posted, we've enjoyed what we've seen so far. Hope you enjoy your former homeland, Tracey.

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0916s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb