London calling


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
November 21st 2006
Published: November 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

London Calling



We just got back from our day trip to London for the cheap price of £18 return from Manchester on Virgin trains with the new trial they are running for 'print at home' tickets. Its basically like an e-ticket for airlines but Mr.Richard Branson is only just catching on with it. But then again, technology on the British Railways has always been lagging behind our fellow countries.
Anyway, the day went well albeit exhausting with a quick trip to Harrods, then onto the London Eye which we went on with Joshua for his very first time which was lovely. It got a bit windy though when the Pod reached the top of the 'flight', but it was hardly moving us about, instead the wind was a little bit draughty around the gap on the door.
We also took the littlun on the underground for the first time which he found fascinating...come to think of it so do I!! Marvellous engineering after all these years. While returning to our train back at Euston station via the underground a busker was strumming the song 'Mad world' by tears for fears which was indeed most fitting for the situation with all these people flying through to get back to their cosy semi's off the North Circular. Anyway, this blog is just a test as a 'trial run' for our trip to Malaysia and Australia in January.
Catch you all soon....Graham, Tracey and Joshua xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb