KL-Penang


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
June 19th 2006
Published: June 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Heya guys, now writing from penang, got here yesterday. Air Asia flight from KL, so easy and quick, only 50 mins. Penang is so different from KL, the buildings are all old and crumbling, but it gives it real character. The last few days of drinking and watching the football had caught up on me and stick, both so tired yesterday. I had a quick nap in the afternoon, then we went out for some chinese.mmmmmmm....lovely. Met up with a guy we met in KL, Kiet, hes from Sydney but has been living in the UK for 2 years, and on his way home, the same as Jason really. Didnt see jason again, we got turned away from the Rum Jungle club in KL cus me and stick both had flip-flops on. We walked back to the hostel to change, and ran in to claire and charlie, 2 girls who had been round the night before during the drinking sesh. They were off to penang the same time as we were, so arranged to meet up with them. Anyway...so we got back to the club, paid the expensive cover charge...28RM, but that did include a drink...went in...and couldn't find anyone..they had disappered, so we had our drink and walked back again, by this time it was 3:30am, so kicking out time..saw a fight...was so funny..these 2 malaysian guys hitting each other with belts, and about 200 guys on mopeds chanting and screaming at them to carry on...lol. Got back to the hostel just before 4, and all the guys had already come back...some confusion with where everyone else had gone.
Quite and eventful night, and as a result we didnt get to bed until just before 5!!!
Up again at 9 to pack and head for the airport, got there about 3 hours before the flight...lol...better to be early than late, so we hung around got some drink and food...try to stop the hangover, and then got a bus to the new terminal for Air Asia.
Got in to georgetown and went to the hostel we had tried to book before we came, got an aircon room, with ensuite, for 35RM a night, but all was not as it seemed....for a start we only have a double bed....so sharing that with stick...and the toilet and shower are in the same room, except the room is the same size as a shower cubicle, so have to stand over the toilet to use the shower...hahaha so funny. Met up with Kiet for a few drinks in a bar, then headed off to another bar with a big screen to watch the football, got a bucket of beer between the two of us...so kept us busy for the whole match!But just before the australia/brazil game kicked off it started to rain, and the reception went on the TV, so went through the rain back to the first bar....and watched it there with Kiet and a girl called emma.
Got back in around 3, and went straight to bed..with good intentions to wake up early and see the sights, but we ended up sleeping until about 1pm, and stick didnt get up until 2...i sat out the front of the hostel reading,as it was raining..and still is! We met up with the girls from KL, claire (from walsall), charlie (wales) and emma (manchester), they had slept in aswell, so we went for breakfast, eating about 4pm....lol..so nearly time for dinner...and beer o'clock.
Well thats it for today...hopefully see a bit more tomorrow
Andy...got your email thanks....wedding sounds awesome, glad you all had a good time, and get those flights booked!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb