KL-Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
June 23rd 2006
Published: June 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Heya guys, been a bit slack with this the last few days...just couldnt be arsed, to tell the truth.
Now in Singapore, got here yesterday after a 6 hour bus ride from KL. Spent the night before we came here in KL, at the Red Palm again, just love that place. The last day in penang was cool, just mooched around with our new dutch friend, who found us on the street trying to find a decent hostel. Flight back was fine, got the Air Asia bus back from the airport, only 9RM, straight from the LCCT to KL Sentral, but the traffic was horrendous, as was the weather, so took about 2 hours, instead of 30mins on the train. Settled right back in to our hostel, went for a chinese, and got a few beers in. Started out as just me and stick in the garden, but by the end of the night there was 7 of us out there, so we must have started a trend! Had to get up early for the bus, which left from the tourist info centre at 9. Paid a bit more for the bus, 70RM, but it was an 'executive' coach, so was a double decker, had huge leather reclining seats, got a pillow and blanket, and a breakfast from McD's aswell, so was worth that little bit extra. The hostel in Singapore, The Inncrowd, is really nice, luckily as this is our first taste of dorm life. Theres 16 in my dorm, and another dorm with 32 people in, so glad we got the small one. We went on a temple tour run by the hostel, about 10 of us went, only really went so we could meet some people. A good random mix as usual, girls from UK, sweden, germany and Oz, and a guy from sri lanka and a guy from holland. We got free ice cream then went out for an indian, was really nice, and spicy. After that we got taken to a bar called Bar Bar Black Chic (corny or what!!) and headed for their chillout room, which was basically like a big bedroom, big booths with leather mattresses and loadsa cushions. Was so comfy just lying back with a beer....ahhhhhhhh. But before we all fell asleep we moved back to the hostel, where the beer was almost half the price....so dont know why they took us to the other one.
Had a few at the hostel, played a few games of pool, with the sri lankan guy and the swedish girl, then headed over the street to watch the end of the football.
I was a bit apprehensive about going to bed, wasnt sure how noisy and hot it was gonna be, but needn't have worried, got probably the best nights sleep ive had so far.
Got up early, at 8, and it was peeing it down with rain, so wasnt too sure what the day would have in store. By the time we had had brekkies it had stopped, so we headed off to Sentosa.
Got the MRT to harbour front, then walked through a building to get to the cable car. All the attractions on sentosa are priced individually, and looked quite expensive. So we settled for just the aquarium and Fort Siliso.
The aquarium was a disapointment, only took about 30 mins to get all the way around, we were sure we must have missed something, but couldn't find out where. So moved over to Fort Siliso, one of 3 british forts on the island, but the only one still remaining intact. It was surprisingly good, we spent about 2 and a half hours walking around all the exhibits.I would throughly reccomend it, as it was over half the price cheaper than the aquarium, and you got so much more for your money. After the fort we went back on the cable car and got on the MRT to city hall, and the raffles city mall, and had a subway...as we had had enough of chinese and indian food for a few days.
Just back at the hostel now, going to the night safari tonight we think, will let you know how it is.
Speak to you all soon.
P.S Peter i did get your message thanks.

Advertisement



23rd June 2006

Wish I was where you are
Hi Ian, it sounds like your having far too much fun out there.
23rd June 2006

Enough Beer
Just think while your getting pissed we will be clearing out your room in the morning. Hope you've left nothing scary!!!!!! Had a long day in Ireland yesterday (Thurs). Left at 5.30am for a 8.00am flight to Dublin from East Mids. Got back home at midnight. Did have a nice Italian though overlooking the Marina at Malahide - posh bit north of Dublin. Keep up the blogs we are really enjoying it. Told Monica to log on as well - but don't hold back!!! talk soon XX
24th June 2006

Hey wow sounds fun =) Nothin going on here as usual Has started 2 become a lil rainy =( Got the god damn dentists 2day >=( ='( But hey goin 2 town with kirsty afterwards [in our fairy wings =P] Dnt ask =) Im off 2 france nxt thursday with school to do all the war stuff But htere is 2 comps. in the belgium hotel so ill be able to see when you've posted more stuff =) Do you want any choc?? Im stayin in Ypres so yay!! I kno my way round etc etc! Doing the Menin Gate as well [right by our hotel!] So that will be cool. Sounds like your having alot of fun over there! Getting through a lot of drinking as per usual lol =P Hum so i msut be off now stuff to do etc Keep having fun =) N ill speak 2 ya soon em xxx

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb