Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 25th 2006
Published: June 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

heya all, thanks for all the messages, nice to know people are reading these blogs.
Back off to Malaysia tonight, staying in Johor Bahru, just over the causeway, and then flying out tomorrow morning, to KL, then to Kota Bharu and the Perhentian Islands...wooooooo beach life is about to begin.
Well since the last blog we've been to the night safari, which was really good, saw so many cool animals, elephants,rhino,leopard,giraffe, wolves and many more. Couldn't get any pictures as obviously it was dark and we couldn't use flash. We went with another 6 guys from the hostel, 3 brit girls, dani,amy and gemma, a dutch couple and an austrian guy.
Got back, had a few beers, as usual,and called it a night.
Yesterday we went for a big walkabout, went from the hostel down to the river, along it..then got a boat ride down the river and out in to the bay...was really nice to sit down in the shade after the hot walk down to the river. After that we just walked around the colonial district seeing all the sights. Got back early afternoon and chilled for a bit.
In the evening we went down to the Esplande to watch some fire dancing, gemma and amy had told us about it...so we mooched down there with them. It was really very good, and it was free...which made it even better. it was part of the singapore arts festival, and there was loadsa stuff going on down there, very cultural. We headed back to the hostel and went to the bar opposite to watch the end of the germany game, we ended up staying until about 2am, just chatting with the girls....sticky got a wee bit drunk....as for every 1 beer i had, he was having 2...lol. Had an early start this morning, had to pack up and checkout, and of course it was bloody raining...but we were troopers and headed out anyway....jsut walked all over the place...went to china town, the CBD and the colonial district again.
Just sitting in an internet place down by the hostel, going back about 4:30 to wave the girls off, as they are flying out to Oz for a year, lucky buggers!!
Well will leave it there for now, not sure when the next blog will be, depends on internet access on the islands, may well not be any until we get back to KL on the 30th.
Please continue to send messages..and will see everyone soon, ta ta for now!!

Advertisement



26th June 2006

keep on having fun
Hi ian, Enjoy yourself on the islands. really looking forward to haering first hand account of everything when you get back. Room clearance went OK and we are now so organised that Sticky will actually be able to get in the back bedroom to sleep. Just a thought for you - on the Friday you get back - ages away I know - but we want to be organised - we thought you might like a meal prepared and partake in a few Tiger beers!! So think about that nearer the time - soemof us have to be sensible you know. Anyway enjoy, we are off to Norway on Thursday, so may not cirrespond for a few days - still can always text. Love Dad XXX

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb