What a ferry!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Yamaguchi » Shimonoseki
April 30th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Ferry Route


Wahooo its vacation time!!!! After finishing a ten day teaching stretch Brittany and I are now officially on vacation!!! And this is going to be one heck of a vaction! We are heading to Japan!! Becuase Japan is the most expensive country to travel in ( says the lonely planet guide ) we were a little hesitant to decide to travel there but becuase I would rather walk than fly, Japan was the perfect country to visit. We decided to take the Orient ferry which turned out to be a fraction of what a flight ticket would be and actually be an excellent experience. Being a Saskatchewan boy I had never been surrounded completely by water and had always thought it would bother me but it actually didn't bother me at all!

We arrived to the port at 3:30 and went through the customs and finally boarded the ship at 4:00pm. To our surprise there were only going to be 14 people taking the ship to Japan. Which ment that we would have our own private room rather than sharing it with 2 other people! SWEEETNESSS! The ferry had not only tv's, vending machines, ping pong tables but also alot
The open sea!The open sea!The open sea!

So relaxed on the open sea!
more comfortable beds than the ones at our home. As we settled in we noticed the boat wasn't even preparing to leave. Turns out we weren't going to leave until 1:00am. Which ment that we spent a total of 41 hours on the boat. Surprisingly it went very quick with endless games of ping pong lots of cards and also a whole lot of sleeping!

We arrived to Shimonoseki Japan and headed straight for the Shinkansen Train. A train that was opened in 1964 and reached speeds of 200 kms where as todays speed reach up to 300 kms. Although it is a little pricey to ride it was well worth the trip for the experience and for all the time we saved. We arrived to Hiroshima in only 1 hr and 25 mins. Japan is soooo easy to travel in. As soon as we got off the train we just followed sign after sign even to the cities youth hostel! We booked into our youth hostel and then set out to explore the beautiful city of Hiroshima!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Bullet TrainBullet Train
Bullet Train

One of the fastest trains I'll probably ever ride. Reaching speeds up to 300 Km!
The lush JapanThe lush Japan
The lush Japan

The trees and florage in Japan is amazingly beautiful


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb