Oh Gili T, we finally meet.


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gilli Trawangan
May 2nd 2011
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Once I started obsessing about Bali, I quickly learned about the Gili islands and then it all went to hell - I was in full on fantasy travel planning mode. Anyone who knows me would know that this amount of excitement turns me into a beast who talks to fast and cant hold a conversation about anything else. Matt was pleased with me.

To explain to you why i got so excited, heres some background. The Gili islands (Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, and Gili Air) are basically known for their white sand, insanely clear turquoise water, and off-the-beach snorkeling. Most travelers come here to marvel at the beaches as well as do nothing. Unless you come to Gili T. And then you come for the night time activities as well. Most nights of the week one bar on the island will throw a big party with DJs and drink specials and everyone will come to that one spot to hang out. If you aren't into that whole thing, there is also a really awesome reggae bar called Sama Sama which has a live band every night.

We rented out a little bungalow and hung out on the beaches and in the reggae bar for about a week. It was relaxing to not have any vans or buses or boat trips this week. At this point on our travels, it was about time we found a place we could forget about the stress of constant moving, planning, etc. and just hang out. It was also getting to the point where we starting to panic about our reentry to the US, so these amazing beaches made our panic a little easier to handle.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0941s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb