Gili Heaven


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gili Meno
May 8th 2011
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Gili Meno is basically the closest you can get to an island paradise. There are no motorized vehicles, very little foot traffic, its not very built up, and on all sides its fringed in white powdery sand (with little specs of red here and there) with perfect warm turquoise water.

During our few days here, we found a secluded beach on the south side of the island to renew our vows. Since we had decided to spend our first year of married life away from the normal everyday realities of New York and our US culture, we decided we would make yet another commitment to each other beyond you know, getting married. To never forget how the trip has made us feel about life, about each other, and about the future. To further celebrate, we spent the afternoon drinking Bintang and eating jaffles at a breachfront bar and then the evening eating Gili Meno's famous (?) brick oven pizza. It actually was pretty good for Indonesian Italian cuisine.

Our 2 days here were among my most favorite days of the whole trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb