Mini Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Nusa Lembongan
May 15th 2011
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Lembongan is kinda like a mini Bali, or what Bali would have been like back before tourism blew up. Its quiet and beautiful but still has plenty of Balinese cultural flair. Here we found the best snorkeling on the entire trip. On Matt's birthday, we hired a guy (named Ketut, of course) to drive us around in his fishing boat to a few snorkeling spots around Lembongan. For a couple of hours. All for the excellent price of $10. Not only was it nice to have our own boat that came and went when we wanted it to, it but it was also amazing to be taken to untouched reefs teeming with fish and alive soft corals without the bother of large tourist boats or very little boat traffic at all. In addition to this, we were able to ride bikes, sunbathe, and go hiking.

Getting to Lembongan from Meno wasnt just a quick boat trip for us. We took a few days rest in Amed, which is a small fishing area with alot of nice hotels, all perched on cliffs overlooking the Lombok Straight. We signed up for the honeymoon package at one of the nice hotels since we've never been able to do something like that before for a reasonable price. It involved a private suite, a free romantical dinner with champagne, and a couples massage. It definitely was relaxing, but almost too relaxing. At some point we had to get out and go snorkeling over the black sand beaches and check out some of the local restaurants.

After chillin in Amed, we took a van ride back down to Padangbai and hired a fisherman and his 1st mate (his 8 year old son) to take us to Nusa Lembongan. Since the water can get a bit choppy, we had to tie up our packs on a mast and hope they didnt fall in the water. It was an eventful hour and half trip over the water to Lembongan as the engine broke halfway and our captain and his son had to fix it before we floated out to sea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



25th September 2011
Lembongan Sunset

niiice
cool photo...amazing sunsets every night there.

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb