From Java to the Jeeva


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Sengigi
April 30th 2011
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After our quick trip through Java, we flew back to Bali and headed straight to Padangbai on the eastern side of the island. Its a small town which is known mostly for being the jump off point to Lombok and the Gili Islands. We spent a few days here getting prepared to spend the last month of our trip ensconced in beach and snorkeling - this involved going to beach and buying snorkels.

We then boarded the public ferry to Lombok and after 4 hours on the boat and another 2 hour van ride, we arrived at our hotel in Sengiggi. Here we spent a night in a normal traveler style hotel, watched the royal wedding at a bar in town, and anxiously awaited our move to the fanciest and most luxurious hotel of the whole trip. We decided to spend a night at The Jeeva Klui Lombok to celebrate one year of marriage. (Go us!)

It was most definitely the best hotel we've *ever* stayed in, not to mention quite a contrast to the hotels we were used to throughout our trip, especially since our other Sengiggi hotel didnt even have a bathroom floor. Just rocks. We milked every minute we were allowed to stay in our private pool suite by arriving 11am (precheckin time) and not leaving until 12 noon on the dot the next day. I will say that we absolutely did go snorkeling in our private pool. It was ridiculous and it was also awesome.

In summary, the Jeeva was worth every penny and I would recommend it over and over again to anyone going to Lombok.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb