The Gili Islands are Stunning


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gilli Trawangan
August 12th 2008
Published: August 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are currently at the Gili Islands on the North West tip of Lombok which is an island just east of Bali. We are super happy to be here as the diving is INSANE! (we'll post pics in our next blog) and the island is very mellow and has a great vibe. There are no cars, only bicycles and horse drawn buggies! The locals are all really nice and it's absolutely gorgeous!

We met up with Barbara and John last Sunday at the airport and spent time bouncing around from Uluwatu to Seminyak and then back to Uluwatu looking for good surf, which was found at both places. On their third night here, when we were in Seminyak, they got engaged! We are happy for them and they are very excited.

Friday we took a 5 hour long ferry ride over to the island of Lombok and found a hotel in the Kuta Beach area where we spent a couple of days at Mawi beach where the guys found more epic surf.

Sunday we took a small boat to Gili Trawangan and had two awesome boat dives yesterday! Both were wall dives where we saw amazing coral and a ton of beautiful fish incuding 2 puffers and a seahorse.

We'll be heading back to Bali soon to check out Ubud and dive some more.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Congrats Barb and JohnCongrats Barb and John
Congrats Barb and John

The night Barbara and John got engaged
ChillinChillin
Chillin

Looking out at the Bali Sea - Gili Trawangan


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb