Ranthambhore National Park
Background: The Indus Valley civilization, one of the oldest in the world, dates back at least 5,000 years. Aryan tribes from the northwest invaded about 1500 B.C.; their merger with the earlier Dravidian inhabitants created the classical Indian culture. Arab incursions starting in the 8th century and Turkish in the 12th were followed by those of European traders, beginning in the late 15th century. By the 19th century, Britain had assumed political control of virtually all Indian lands. Indian armed forces in the British army played a vital role in both World Wars. Nonviolent resistance to British colonialism led by Mohandas GANDHI and Jawaharlal NEHRU brought independence in 1947. The subcontinent was divided into the secular state of India and the smaller Muslim state of Pakistan. A third war between the two countries in 1971 resulted in East Pakistan becoming the separate nation of Bangladesh. Despite impressive gains in economic investment and output, India faces pressing problems such as the ongoing dispute with Pakistan over Kashmir, massive overpopulation, environmental degradation, extensive poverty, and ethnic and religious strife.
Photos from Ranthambhore National Park
Blogs from Ranthambhore National Park
Latest Blogs from Ranthambhore National Park
- March 6th 2013 India, Part 2: From the Taj Mahal to Ranthambore
by Words: 936 Photos: 10
- February 25th 2013 Hooray, we heard a tiger roar!
by Words: 1289 Photos: 54
- February 9th 2013 A Little Drama
by Words: 1949 Photos: 112
- December 29th 2012 21/12/2012 Ranthambore National Park
by Words: 383 Photos: 0
- December 21st 2012 Claire : Tuesday (18 Dec)
by Words: 589 Photos: 0
- December 1st 2012 Ranthambhore November 14 - 16, 2012
by Words: 1630 Photos: 172
- June 3rd 2012 India Pics we didn't get chance to add yet!
by Words: 27 Photos: 39
- March 28th 2012 Ranthambhore National Park, Eastern Rajasthan, Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 March 2012
by Words: 1822 Photos: 20
- March 2nd 2012 Ranthambore Nationalpark: A Tiger or No Tiger that is the question
by Words: 674 Photos: 6
- February 11th 2012 A Tiger's Tail
by Words: 1437 Photos: 46
- January 24th 2012 Day 6 - Ranthambhore
by Words: 378 Photos: 8
- January 23rd 2012 Day 5 - Ranthambore
by Words: 149 Photos: 6
- December 22nd 2011 Going on a Tiger hunt in Ranthambore
by Words: 592 Photos: 8
- November 3rd 2011 It ain't half hot Mum!
by Words: 692 Photos: 23
- October 22nd 2011 What day is it ?
by Words: 395 Photos: 0
- April 28th 2011 MORE TIGERS!!!
by Words: 1198 Photos: 16
- March 4th 2011 From Japuir to Ranthambhore
by Words: 366 Photos: 0
- February 4th 2011 Lots more to update...
by Words: 2 Photos: 0
- January 17th 2011 A Tiger Economy
by Words: 1153 Photos: 33
- January 8th 2011 Hello Kitty
by Words: 91 Photos: 5