...and relax!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
April 2nd 2006
Published: April 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Come on EnglandCome on EnglandCome on England

Hummph!! Not quite
So after a month away....finally made it to a beach!!! Oh yes!

Got in touch with the lads from Udaipur and met up with them on Palolem beach.

All the fretting over not making Ajanta faded the moment I saw the sand and sea!

Organised tickets that day and then spent the rest of the afternoon soaking up the sun and playing cricket on the beach! It's a hard life!

Cricket was a good laugh...shame we lost. Glad went in more expensive seats as the crowd got a bit rowdy where some other mates were and started chucking bottles of water and food at them. Police did jack about it too, apparently found it quite funny!

Having not had a proper drink in the last month, found the cheap vodka very quickly...and got pissed just sniffing it! That said...I did buy a bottle of whiskey and polish that off in Jaipur...More likely I can't take my drink still!

Not much to report...it's hot but not as hot asI was expecting...the sea breeze helps. Met a cracking bunch of people, days were filled with sunbathing, playing cricket and eating! A holiday on holiday! Wicked!

At the end of the weak headed up to the capital Panjim with Ben and Michelle to see the Portuguese influence on the city. Spent the night, but could have done it in an afternoon. Stumbled across a couple of Bollywood Movie sets, which was cool. The leading ladies were lovely As Michelle had organised to leave that night, Ben andI headed down to Calangute and Baga for the night market, which was the usual stuff being sold. Calangute!!! It's very like the Costa del Sol, but in India! It wasn't for me....but that's just me.

Had a few beers, put the world to rights and and then headed back to Panjim.

Next day, a rediculous 8.00am check out and the motivation of the heat meant we headed off to Old Goa straight away. By 10 we were back...I think we've had enough of churches and temples! Plus it was really hot.
As Ben was staying another night and he wanted to watch the footy we headed back to Calangute as this would be the best place and he'd be surrounded by loads of Man U supporters.

After spending the day there, deliberating over buying shit fake t-shirts and then decided not we headed off for pizza and I then onto the bus stand in Panjim. Stood there for 2 hours by the side of a busy rode, felt really nautious afterwards, bus left late which didn't help!

Next stop....Hampi.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Lights, camera, action!Lights, camera, action!
Lights, camera, action!

Stumbled across bollywood film set


18th April 2006

Hi
Hi Mate, how'z it going - sounds like you are having a fantastic time! I know what you mean about the alchol deprivation (unfortunately mine is just because we so bloody boring we havn't been out for months!!) Tan certainly seems to be coming along, very, very, very, very jealous!!! Well we've just go Easter out the way here and Cam's birthday, he had a Quad Biking Party and a PSP - how spoilt!!! Off to Centre Parcs at the end of the week - a million miles away from Goa but hey at least its not here!! Take care, look forward to hearing more from your travels!!!

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb