Meeting the Kids


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Pudong
August 31st 2010
Published: August 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we had the student and parent orientation which was so much fun. My kids seems to be soo great. Some are super shy but they are all so precious. It was a little nerve wracking getting ready for everything, but it turned out to be completely worth it. I have a class of 25 students from all over. Most are from China, the US, Korea, and Japan. But one is from France and one is from Nigeria, so we really have a pretty worldly class. During student orientation my co-teacher Ms. Wei had to leave and go talk to the new parents for part of the time (it was only suppose to be 20 minutes) but it turned out to be 40+ minutes. Needless to say we played a lot of name games and talked about what everyone did during the summer. I managed though and in the end we just did some reading and went over class room procedures stuff. It wasnt anything too exciting, but when Ms. Wei finally did get to come back it was time to go. I had the kids all packed up and lined up (we still have to practice the art of lining up). It was a good first experience with little people in the classroom.
We were suppose to start classes tomorrow and I had all my lesson plans done for the next couple of days until classes were canceled because of a typhoon coming towards Shanghai. It is wild to think that half way across the world Hurricane Earl is heading towards home as well. Lets hope we all ride them out together. We now have a work day tomorrow so hopefully we can get everything ready all over again.
Lots of love and thanks for all the kind emails keep them coming!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb