CAOTIC MARRAKECH


Advertisement
Published: May 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


It all started with Lorena and I thinking about the second part of our trip to Istanbul in May last year. Add some exotic but close destination to Spain, a cheap low cost airline flying there and... Morocco 1-week trip planned in no time!

First stop: Marrakech. Marrakech is quite a popular destination among Spaniards, quite many of our friends had previously been there. But none of them could explain what we were about to witness: Cultural shock, vibrant life and chaos all over the place. The moment we arrived to Djma El Fnaa square we started to understand that was going to be quite an intense trip. Completely lost in our way to the riad, after asking ten people and 30 minutes walking with our backpacks, we had no choice but following the kid in the flashy adidas tracksuit of our alley who claimed to know where it was (of course in exchange of some dirhams).

Our riad was literally, an oasis in the middle of a deserted alley full of cats. Super friendly staff, really clean and tastefully decorated and (the best) offering breakfasts in the sunny terrace in the mornings. Everytime we came back after wandering the streets of Marrakech or from our trips, we had this good relaxing feeling of ¨coming home¨, which is so much appreciated when travelling.

For the rest, Marrakech was all we expected and beyond. Endless labeythintic alleys in the zouks, people, smells, coulours, couscous and tajines, tajines and couscous...







Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb