my birthday treat to EGYPT!!!


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
July 1st 2006
Published: October 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Always wanted to go to Egypt and what better time to go then on your birthday! I literally mean on my b-day because my sister and I flew on the day of our 27th b-day!!! Fortunately for us we celebrated before hand!!!

The idea of this holiday, as opposed to holidays where your constantly moving, we wanted to just chill and relax! Luckily we managed to that! We were by the pool at 7-8am, saved a sunbed, went to breakfast, went back to sunbath, slept on the beds, took an afternoon nap, went back to sunbath, went back to our rooms to shower and change, then went out to eat and smoke on top of the "Camel Bar". It was absolutely fantastic!!! We met and spoke to half of the people in our hotel including most of the staff and went out with them most of the nights!!!

So what did we get to do apart from relaxing!!! We spent the day in Luxor seeing the Pyramids and Sphinx and went to the markets and had a buffet lunch by the River Nile and went to the Egyptian Museum. That was such a terrifc experience!!! Seeing one of the Wonders of the World!!! You see it in books and TV and movies, but the feeling of being there is a completely different!!! It was an amazing feeling!!! It was extra special because I was with my sister to expereince it!!!

Looking at the Pyramids, you look at every details thinking how the hell was this amazing thing built! I mean you know, but looking at it you can't believe it! The stones are absolutely massive and you know if one of them dropped on you, you would die!!! You appreciate history more when you see it for yourself!!! And the same feeling went through me when we went to the Museum because you see all the things that was used for daily use and building things and transport and the jewerelly that looked amazing but also looked uncomfortable!!! But funnily enough I was imagining living in those times!!! Would of been very interesting!!!

The other thing we managed to do was go to Dahab to ride the camels and see the sun go down standing on the mountain! Another great feeling!!! Then we were served bread made in front of us by the Bedouin and served this great tea which everyone on the tour was drinking lots of!!! The tour guide started talking about the Bedouin people and their history and about how your fingers/hands get cut off for punishment, and then the Bedouin man serving us the tea had one of his hands hidden in his pocket the whole time!!! Most of us couldn't help but talk between ourselves and want to ask but none of did so we went away that night wondering...

All in all it was a great relaxing holiday where we met great people and visited great places. Some where I would definately go back and see!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



18th May 2007

Amazing!
Egypt was amazing and I'm so glad I got to share it with you.
27th September 2010

Sphinx &pyramid
Are great
10th November 2010

WoW!
Ladies when i saw the first of ur pics i said out loud how glad i was that u 2 went to Eygpt. ur the happiest person i have ever seen on a trip to that place. Congratulations - very nice and good luck to u . Santail - ATLANTA GA.

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 25; qc: 98; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb