Bergamo & Milan!!!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
May 31st 2006
Published: October 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So Me, Cutes & Vicks fly into Bergamo and luckily get to a B&B nearby. The lady who owns it picks us up from the airport which is great, and after we've dropped our stuff off, she offers to drive us somewhere to eat! We are suprised just how close everything was to the B&B. We had the station 3 mins away, the shops & restaurants 5-10 mins walk and lots of buses going to the top of Bergamo. For anyone wanting a great room in a great house, the place is called "Abaco".

On our first day out, we are again offered a lift, this time to the top of Bergamo. When we got there, it is absolutely amazing! We had a lot of fun walking around and seeing the beautiful views and going into churches and having coffee at what looked like a local hang out!

There was a novelty rally called "Soap Box Rally" which hadn't started yet, but we got to see the cars that were going to be entered, which had themes, from Flintones, The Little Mermaid, Musical Instruments and so on...

We left in the afternoon to go into Milan, which again we hadn't booked anything, so looked for nearest and cheapest place by the Duomo! We luckily found one literally around the corner. It was fantastic how close it was! So we checked in and went out straight away to see the sights!

Firstly of course we went to see the Duomo which was closed but looked great (apart from the scaffolding)!!! Then into the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. We walked around a little and then went to eat some nice Italian Pasta and stayed in the restaurant for over 4 hours chatting the night away and laughing out (too loud I might add) through most of it.

Next day got to go inside the Duomo and it was breathtaking! I love Churches and Cathedrals. It's all the details and history which are always amazing!!! We then went to Santa Maria delle Grazie monastery to look around and also see the "The Last Supper" painting, but it was fully booked till July, and the only way we could see it was to take a tour of the cathedral, but that was finihsed already that day and we had to leave the next day! Now that's what you call un-organised! A first I might add!!!

Last day we went walking a little and did some shopping which is a must when your in Milan then back to Bergamo to catch our flight...


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 21; qc: 99; dbt: 0.1128s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb