Pyramids


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
August 27th 2008
Published: August 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was a dream come true.. seeing these amazing formations up close is an incredible experience. The Sphinx in the foreground of the Pyramids is so small.. it is hard to believe.. have had an amazing day there in Giza. Went inside the second Pyramid first down a small walkway crouched down as it is only a metre hight( of course I was OK becasue I am a bit small!!) then you come into a chamber and then ascend into an upper chamber. So hot - no air -- but an incredible experience. Didn't go into the great Pyramid. The climb inside was too high an dlong. You can suffer claustraphobia and certainly would not want to be stuck and panic in there.
Went back to the Museum today and went and saw the Royal Mummies.. amazing.. ( seems to be the only word I can think of!!) but it is.. Tutankhamens Funereal mask - Solid gold..
Will see his mummy at the Valley of the Kings in a couple of days..

We leave tonight on an overnight train about 9.00 pm so that will be another experience!!
Thanks to everyone for all your messages. I am getting them..
Look after all those injuries you lot!!

Be in touch soon


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb