Egypt


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
August 26th 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a beautiful sojourn in France have arrived into Cairo early Monday morning - like 1.30am and to Hotel by 2.30am - then up to go to Alexandria at 7.30 am!! This place never sleeps!! Amazing flying over Cairo - an enormous amount of lights and traffic.
Alexandria ( 3 hrs drive through desert all of which I slept) - is extremely populated - 3 million in Alexandria alone. Huge high rise, and no road rules!! Went to Pompeys Pillar and the site of the lighthouse whic is no longer but a huge sea wall. Drove along that stretch for 40 kms to the Palace of King Farouk who was exiled in 1952. Now home to the President.
Today a catch up day. Will walk to the Egyptian Museum and meet with the tour leader tonight. SONIA you should be here!!! ( she will know what I mean!!)
Met a couple from New Zealand who have been travelling for 3 months and still have another 3 months - they do CEROC!!!!!!!
I hope to give you all more detail of my sights over the next few days if I can locate a cafe. If not it will be a huge blog at the end. Being carefull so far!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb