Background: The former French Cameroon and part of British Cameroon merged in 1961 to form the present country. Cameroon has generally enjoyed stability, which has permitted the development of agriculture, roads, and railways, as well as a petroleum industry. Despite movement toward democratic reform, political power remains firmly in the hands of an ethnic oligarchy.
Blogs from Cameroon
Latest Blogs from Cameroon
- July 2nd 2012 Not what I'd been hoping for from Yaounde
by Words: 1128 Photos: 0
- June 26th 2012 Entering Cameroon and heading for Limbe
by Words: 1779 Photos: 14
- May 27th 2012 A few days in Douala, Cameroon
by Words: 450 Photos: 3
- October 31st 2011 Some final notes
by Words: 1212 Photos: 7
- October 6th 2011 Interviews done, it's time for travelling
by Words: 1617 Photos: 9
- September 20th 2011 The two white spies and two black guys, riding through the forests on motorbikes..
by Words: 1770 Photos: 12
- August 28th 2011 Slow life in Mbiogo.. and fieldwork successfully started!
by Words: 1164 Photos: 7
- August 23rd 2011 "With gorilla gone..."
by Words: 1601 Photos: 4
- August 16th 2011 By the sea
by Words: 802 Photos: 2
- August 14th 2011 Brainstorming, fun and yellow taxis in Yaoundé
by Words: 1750 Photos: 1
- March 30th 2011 Cameroon - The Final Chapter
by Words: 1122 Photos: 0
- February 18th 2011 Cameroon - February 2011
by Words: 5288 Photos: 55
- January 31st 2011 Pieces of Paradise
by Words: 1402 Photos: 16
- January 21st 2011 Les Blancs in Cameroon!
by Words: 1282 Photos: 3
- July 10th 2009 Flying Squirrels Do Ride Motorbikes
by Words: 5150 Photos: 8
- January 16th 2009 Flights home begins tonight
by Words: 249 Photos: 0
- January 13th 2009 The Well is In and Pumping Clean Water!
by Words: 150 Photos: 0
- January 7th 2009 Safe in Nkambe, Cameroon
by Words: 559 Photos: 0
- January 1st 2009 Safe arrival in Yaounde' Cameroon
by Words: 327 Photos: 0
- December 29th 2008 Packing for Travel to Cameroon
by Words: 23 Photos: 0