Background: The former French Cameroon and part of British Cameroon merged in 1961 to form the present country. Cameroon has generally enjoyed stability, which has permitted the development of agriculture, roads, and railways, as well as a petroleum industry. Despite movement toward democratic reform, political power remains firmly in the hands of an ethnic oligarchy.
Photos from West
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from West
Latest Blogs from West
- June 26th 2012 Entering Cameroon and heading for Limbe
by Words: 1779 Photos: 14
- May 27th 2012 A few days in Douala, Cameroon
by Words: 450 Photos: 3
- January 21st 2011 Les Blancs in Cameroon!
by Words: 1282 Photos: 3
- January 13th 2009 The Well is In and Pumping Clean Water!
by Words: 150 Photos: 0
- January 7th 2009 Safe in Nkambe, Cameroon
by Words: 559 Photos: 0
- December 29th 2008 Packing for Travel to Cameroon
by Words: 23 Photos: 0
- December 29th 2008 Tahoe to Cameroon (Nkambe)
by Words: 5 Photos: 0
- January 12th 2008 CAMEROON: ON THE HOME STRETCH
by Words: 3355 Photos: 27
- December 27th 2007 Cameroon: Fix your roads!
by Words: 369 Photos: 21
- December 25th 2007 Arriving Douala
by Words: 1702 Photos: 2
- December 21st 2007 IN BETWEEN BREAKDOWNS - CAMEROON
by Words: 2321 Photos: 25
- June 6th 2007 Mt Cameroon 1 Anne-Marie 0
by Words: 668 Photos: 13
- May 26th 2007 The Final Test
by Words: 971 Photos: 14
- April 5th 2007 Meals!
by Words: 145 Photos: 24
- March 31st 2007 Pilgrimage at Doumelong
by Words: 1286 Photos: 26
- March 30th 2007 Lazy days in Bafoussam
by Words: 52 Photos: 6
- March 24th 2007 At Bandjoun Market
by Words: 218 Photos: 8
- March 20th 2007 Brief stay in Douala.
by Words: 449 Photos: 8
- March 18th 2007 Bafoussam again!
by Words: 234 Photos: 6
- March 13th 2007 Back to Bafoussam
by Words: 17 Photos: 5