RIHLA #6


Advertisement
South America
October 16th 2011
Published: October 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

For last week’s RIHLA, you analyzed 10 of Steve Job’s Greatest Lessons as observed by things that he has said. Now it’s YOUR time to leave your mark. Soon you will be graduating and leaving UIC for college and beyond – what would YOUR footprints say to those who will come through UIC long after your gone?
1. In your journal, list FIVE quotes that you think are significant. These can be quotes created by others or quotes that you have created.
2. After each quote, explain why the quote is significant and what message you think it should convey to others.

"we're here to put a dent in the universe, otherwise why else even be here". -steve jobs I believe in this statement because all the people are put here on this universe to make a change even if it's a little change, it's something and try to make the best change so you can be known for what you accomplished.

"make a positive multigenerational change" I believe in this quote because it is important because after we graduate we have to show our change which is a positive change that will impact our community in a positive way.

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther." J.P. morgan I believe in this quote because the farther you will go in like the further you can go. For example with education, the more education you have the further you can go.

"Action is the foundational key to all success" Pablo Picasso I believe in this quote because if you take action to do something that is a change, it is a success because you took that action to get to where you are.

"Failure is success if we learn from it. " Malcolm Forbes I believe in this quote because if we fail in like you will learn from it. Learning for your failure will lead you to success because you learned from your mistake. 

3. Think critically – how might this journal prompt relate to things we have or will study in World History?
These quotes can help us make it threw history this year because they are inspirational and we lead us to success, also this will lead us to understand different cultures in history. It is important to look at these quotes and see how others view these quotes to there culture.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb