RIHLA #7


Advertisement
South America
October 30th 2011
Published: October 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. Choose your lesser known civilization from these options - Mesoamerican Mayans, Peruvian Moche,  Nubians/Meroe (Africa), Axum (Africa), Niger River Valley (Africa)
2. Start researching! Use the homework reading if it helps but then start checking out the web...what can YOU teach our World History class? What is so significant/interesting about YOUR chosen civilization?
3. Be prepared to cover information on at least 5 out of the 8 characteristics of a civilization (organized government, complex religion, job specialization/agriculture, social hierarchy, writing, cities, public works, arts & architecture)
4. Provide any URL links that you used for research at the end of your journal. Feel free to add pictures!
5. If this seems difficult, it's because it is. You are attempting to enlighten us about a group of people that lived centuries ago...I challenge you to also provide insight on how your civilization might connect to today's world.


http://www.crystalinks.com/mayanhistory.html
http://library.thinkquest.org/11577/

The Mayans are the classical civilizations of Mesoamerica. Originating in 2600 B.C.E in southern Mexico, Guatemala. The Mayans developed astronomy, calendrical systems and hieroglyphic writing. The Mayans were known for their architecture mainly pyramids. They Mayans were also skilled farmers, had great agriculture. The Mayans were equally skilled as weavers and potters. The Mayans had many gods and thought their was a connection between supernatural forces. The Mayans were seen as inventors of many aspects of Meso-American cultures like  calendars and hieroglyphic writing.  Mayans also had a complex writing system. Mayan art was known because it was always beautiful and on different types of materials like paper, stone, and clay.

Advertisement



31st October 2011

rihla 7
I liked your pictures. Overall you had good information but it would of been better if you had more because it was very short.
31st October 2011

RIHLA#7
It was very detailed and organized. The way you presented was very confident and it gave a better picture to see the civilization.
31st October 2011

RIHLA #7
good job with the information presented and the pictures
31st October 2011

A2
She had a clear speaking voice, and presented good information. The pictures were also nice.
31st October 2011

rihila
your rihila was very short but good.things you need to work on is being confident on what you are going to present.also more details
31st October 2011

My Idea:
Hey Megan I think you did a good job with explaining about your topic. However you should have thought more about what each painting meant.
31st October 2011

Good nice thing to add pics shows you enjoyed the work
31st October 2011

rihla 7, comment 1
very nice and professional presentation. Your information was very accurate and well organized. Nice visual that you presentent. Amazing presentation.
31st October 2011

Great
I liked your presentation
31st October 2011

RIHLA 7
Good job with the presentation I felt like I read all about the myans. Thanks.

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb